Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's only a job....

Recently I had a stimulating conversation with some friends about whether our job defines us or not. We were split, 50% it did and 50% it did not. Which is better? Which is safer? I can't answer that for you, however, I know when you let something or someone else define who you are or what makes you happy, it's a dangerous place to be, or will be at some point. I love my job, really I do, but at the end of the day, it's a job. Feeling this way, helps put bad days in perspective, or even the thought of losing your job. So if you feel this way too, nothing should really rattle you or create distress in your life from things that happen during "8-5" and if it does you need to evaluate your job or the way you value that job in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I would first try and figure out who I was. BTW...I know who I am. Then I would compare that up with my job. Never has the two matched. And one actually has nothing to do with the other. I also agree allowing something other than you to define one's self will lead to disaster eventually. Tim

    ReplyDelete