Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Vacation "Re-Entry" Process

Well, I am back from vacation and loved every minute of it and this time I even loved coming back! How many times have you come back from vacation feeling refreshed for the first, oh I don't know, HOUR? Then it seems the spiral downward begins. For some, this "re-entry" process starts as early as a day or two before going back to work. The anxiety builds and the depression starts. I had two vacations this year. One, I completely disconnected which made my "re-entry" process PAINFUL. I spent HOURS cleaning up email, returning voicemail and deleting all my junk mail! It took me at least 10 days to begin firing on all cylinders! This past vacation, I spent a bit of time every day reading emails. When I came back, I barely had a "re-entry" process and was back up and running on day 1. I don't recommend this to everyone. If you don't love your job, if it truly is WORK, then getting completely is a better strategy for you. But, if you do take a bit of time just to stay engaged a little bit, your re-entry process won't be so painful....

No comments:

Post a Comment