Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Finally joined TWITTER

So, now I am "tweeting"....I have a friend, Dan Harris, who is a social media expert and has advised me that I must tweet. However, as much as I love to chat with people, I find it hard to imagine anyone would want to follow my life! What could be THAT interesting. I, being 45, am evening following Paris Hilton! Do you believe that. It's what I would call mental candy, no thinking, just read and laugh, and think how happy am I to NOT be a movie star where ever move I make is monitored by millions of people...So, what's your opinion...is social media all it's cracked up to be? How can it help you be happier? How can it help your career? What's your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. It's great to have you on Twitter. It's a much happier place since you've joined. ;-) One piece of advise I would give bloggers, authors or anyone using Twitter - Let people know your Twitter name. You can find me on Twitter using the name @8101Harris. It also helps to add it to your signature line in e-mail, on blog posts or comments.

    So.... How can twitter help you be happier?

    I feel happy when I read a tweet from someone who needs help and I am able to help. I feel happy when I read about another person's accomplishments. I also feel happy when I learn something new, or someone shares something that helps me at work or in my personal life. I am most happy when I get to meet the people I tweet with in person.

    The disney song, It's A Small World should be Twitter's theme song. Twitter can bring people with like minds together and who knows what could happen then.

    Dan Harris
    http://www.twitter.com/8101Harris

    ReplyDelete