Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's holding you back from being happy at work?

Hello Friends! I'm BACK! I have been on a whirlwind tour of the US for the last month! Lots of good conversations with amazing people!

One question I continued to ask when people said they were NOT happy is "What's holding you back". My dear friend (and editor) Ellen helped me pull together a quiz that may be presented in Oprah Magazine this fall. What we came to realize is that their are 3 reasons that typicall hold people back.

1 - Emotional - Fear of Change / Fear of Failing
2 - Status / Political / Financial - I used to be a VP and you want me to be a what? I can't afford to make a move
3 - Other people - I can't move my family across the country for MY next move or I am too loyal to my boss

So, can you relate? Is there something holding YOU back from being happy at work? If so, what is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment