Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's over!

Well, my first TV apperance is over! I have to say I am relieved! It was a great experience and now I know what to expect for next time so I can get better! My biggest tip - Keep a mint in your mouth or have a glass of water near by. I felt like I had 7 cotton balls in my mouth! Thought I would recap the segment. We talked about 3 hot tips if you are unhappy at work right now.

Understanding that 80% of people leave their BOSS not their job, here's the tips:

1 - Do an self - check. Look in the mirror? Do you hate your job because of something YOU are doing? How is your attitude? Your performance? Your results?

2 - Find out what others have done to work successfully with your boss and steal shamelessly their secrets to success.

3 - Confirm your boss's expectations (continually) and try to exceed them. Being successful in what you do makes you happy! Ask him / her - If you were to come to me in 6 months and tell me I have done a fantastic job, what would I have accomplished?

And finally - the overall tip. Always have a PLAN B. Just in case, it's so miserable you have to leave. It helps you feel a bit more in control with your career!

Today, I will be on WBNS radio at 3:30...Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment